Featured post

Welcome to Even Butterflies Think

Hey! Welcome to Even Butterflies Think.  I'm Jazz, an avid book reader and one of the lucky people in the world working in my ideal ca...

Sunday 27 March 2011

Getting Back on Track & Book Chick City 100 Books in 2011 Reading Challenge

OK, so things seemed to start off well this year with my blog. I finished up 2010 nicely and had a post ready the celebrate the New Year. Since, though, my reading has slipped. Granted, until a week ago I have been working full -time hours through placements and internships and have to fit in submissions, manuscripts and books I am working on to my reading schedule, but that is still no excuse. Worst of all, I have actually read a couple of really good books this year and just have not got around to writing my blog post.  I need to organise my life around blogging a lot more!



At the very beginning of this year I joined up to Book Chick City's fabulous Mystery and Suspense challenge, reading at least 12 novels of this genre within the year. An amazing challenge, but I don't think that is motivation enough in my case. I am definitely keeping the challenge because it is ace and I LOVE mystery and suspense novels, but I think there is a naughty whispering telling me I have no need to rush. If I want to get myself reading as much as I'd like to be, I must step it up, so I am joining Book Chick City's 100 Books in 2011 challenge, which pretty much does what is says on the tin, challenges you to read 100 books this year. I know I need something like this to really get me focused, not just on the reading but also on the writing of reviews, and what better way to keep myself in check than a challenge from Book Chick City. I can see that many have already been posting their  reviews, so that has really encouraged me to get a move on!

I think this challenge is just what I need to get back on track. It isn't fair to my blog, to the authors, or to the publishers to be abandoning my blog, regardless of the reason. Now that I find myself with a bit of free time I have some major making-up t do. OK so it isn't very long before I am back to the grind, but I have to do the best I can.

So roll on reading challenge 2, roll-on better blogging, roll-on a book-tastic 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Hundred is doable ,I did 122 last year and 90 year before shall do 100 plus this year I think ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on the topic and/ or the quality of the post itself: