Featured post

Welcome to Even Butterflies Think

Hey! Welcome to Even Butterflies Think.  I'm Jazz, an avid book reader and one of the lucky people in the world working in my ideal ca...

Monday 2 January 2012

Book Chick City Mystery and Suspense Reading Challenge: Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

Last year I took part in the Book Chick City Mystery and Suspense Reading Challenge, which involved reading 12 mystery and suspense novels during the year. I was far too smug about how achievable I thought this would be for me, given that I mostly read crime fiction at the time. However, I only read 9 books that I counted as falling under that category (I suppose if you include YA books like The 13 Trilogy by Michelle Harrison, then I actually did reach my target, but I think it is a good lesson for me to be harder on myself.)

I don't think I entered into my challenges with the right frame of my mind last year - I took on too many and I sucked the fun out of it. Also, I lost sight of my main objective - improving and engaging more with my blog. This year and am being more cautious about challenges, but I am definitely entering this challenge again, because I do love mystery and suspense, and I know that with the right frame of mind this challenge will be fun for me.

So, the Mystery and Suspense Reading Challenge 2012 is slightly different as there are now two levels; one can choose to read either 12 or 24 mystery and suspense novels between 01 January and 31st December 2012. I am going for 24 novels. I have set myself a target of reviewing on my blog 50 books this year, and it seems more than likely that at least half of those will be crime fiction, so 24 seemed a reasonable enough number. Fingers crossed, this time round I can do it. I feel a lot more positive after reflecting on last year's challenges and I think this challenge is so right for me. I am really looking forward to it, and not being too over-confident, while at the same time determined to have fun and keep the focus where it ought to be - on my blog (and getting through my TBR shelves).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the topic and/ or the quality of the post itself: